Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Real Promise Keeper

Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."

I am always moved to such gratitude when I come across this verse.  The Lord is always faithful!  Many times in my daily walk I have to remind myself, regardless of the circumstances HE IS always faithful. 

The key to understanding God's faithfulness is understanding and knowing what God promises.  Many times we deal with the wavering because we do not really know what God's Word says.  We might hear people quote, "Nothing formed against me will prosper," but have no idea what it means and in what context it was given.  We mimick other Christians with, "by His stripes we are healed," but don't take the time to nurture our bodies by walking in faith with works by cutting out unhealthy habits and taking time to rest our bodies - even God himself took time to rest! 

My challenge to you is nothing you haven't been challenged with before if you are a believer....READ YOUR BIBLE!  Take time to do a Bible Study; take 10 minutes each morning and do a simple online devotion.  If you were physically hungry you would eat.  So if you are having a hard time believing that God is faithful and that His promises are true, maybe it is time to start to learn exactly what He promises!  

No comments:

Post a Comment