Thursday, May 20, 2010

Embrace Your Place


Hebrews 10:35-36 "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

For the past seven years my life has taken a dramatic turn - I have become MOMMY! Of course like any girl, I spent many summer days playing house with my friends. I always had several dolls. During the Cabbage Patch craze my Gramma Holzberger made special trips into Canada to buy me the latest doll (we lived right outside the border of Ontario in Michigan). But even then I never really saw myself as a mom. Especially as I got older and more independent I was satisfied with the successes I was experiencing in my life. I didn't give much thought to having a household full of little children but that is the road I'm travelling on and frankly, I don't always feel like I have what it takes to do this job God has assigned me.

The writer of Hebrews said it best, "...do not throw away your confidence;" The confidence I once had as a young woman and even still experience in some areas of life was not always a confidence in Christ. Sure, I can sing well, I'm not afraid to be on stage in front of people and something a lot of people don't know, I was a pretty successful school teacher before I started having kids. But just because I am good at something or just plain horrible, I should never place my confidence in my own abilities but rather in the power and strength of Christ Jesus. He is my confidence, He is my strength, He is the reason I can be successful at whatever I set my hand to! I might not feel like I am a good mom some days but I know that the Word says, "Children are a blessing from the Lord," therefore I know my days are blessed if I am serving my children.

Today, be thankful and stand in confidence in the season of life you are called to, whether it be mommy or secretary, housewife or administrator. The assignment we are on is one that God wants to reward so don't cast off your confidence because of a lousy day...remember you are His and He desires to see you succeed! So embrace your place in this season of life and perservere!
Today's Reading: Hebrews 10; Proverbs 20

No comments:

Post a Comment