Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Friendship for Grown-Ups by Lisa Whelchel

Former Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel shares her experiences of growing up without true friends and how she learned to find and develop them as an adult through God's grace.

This book was an okay read. Although I've never been a huge fan of Whelchel's writing I will say that most of what I read in this book is for the most part, great advice for adult friendship. Much of what Whelchel relates her issues of friendship to involve what happened to her during childhood. My critique of this would be that I think this books gives people reason to dwell too much on their past issues as children and not accept responsibility for the fact that they need to grow up in relationships to others. That to me is a real "fact of life." Most women will probably be able to relate to this book as there are many examples of friendship woes and successes. There is a lot to gleen from this book whether you are trying to figure out adult friendship or if you are a good friend who wants to be a better friend! I would absolutely recommend this book to other women. It encourages healthy, Godly relationships and everyone can benefit from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment